Tuesday, May 31, 2011

iitjee faq2

Q13. My qualifying examination was conducted in 2008. The results were announced after 30th September 2008, and I got 60% marks. I did not attempt JEE-2008 or JEE-2009. Am I eligible to write JEE-2010 and if so, how shall I fill up the application form?
Ans: Yes, you are eligible irrespective of whether you attempted JEE-2009 or not. You should darken the second bubblein Item 5 of the Application Form entitled Qualification and darken the FIRST bubble in item 6.
Q14. My qualifying examination was conducted in 2008. The results were announced after 30th September 2008, and I got 60% marks. I did not attempt JEE-2008 but I attempted JEE-2009 and did not qualify. Am Ieligible to write JEE-2010 and if so, how shall I fill up the application form?
Ans: Yes, you are eligible irrespective of whether you attempted JEE-2009 or not. You should darken the second bubblein Item 5 of the Application Form entitled Qualification and darken the SECOND bubble in item 6.
Q15. I passed 10+2 exam in 2009and wrote JEE-2009. I was admitted to the Preparatory Course of an IIT/IT-BHU/ISM in July 2009 and I am due to appearin the Preparatory Exams in 2010.I wish to appear for JEE-2010. AmI eligible?
Ans: Yes, you are eligible to appear since admission to preparatory course does not imply that you have joined any IIT/IT-BHU/ISM, Dhanbad. However, you will not be eligible to undergo the Preparatory course at any of the above Institutes on the basis of JEE-2010.
Q16. I fall under NRI/PIO/OCI/ foreign national. Does JEE give meany special treatment for admission?
Ans: First of all, you must qualify in JEE-2010. However, for the purpose of course allocation suchcandidates would be offered admission in a programme available to other general candidates at their All India Rank (AIR). These seats offered to foreign nationals (also PIO, OCI, NRI) will be treated as supernumerary.
Q17. I am a studying in a foreign country and the certificate I will get is not listed in the JEE information brochure/website under qualifying examination. What should I do?
Ans: In all such cases you have to produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universitiesstating that your certificate is equivalent to the 10+2 system of Indian Boards.
Q18. I will be appearing in the qualifying examination in 2010 but it is unlikely that the results will be declared before 30th September 2010. Should I appearin JEE-2010?
Ans: You are advised to appear inJEE-2011 since if you qualify JEE, you will not be able to meet the admission requirements by the last date ie 30th September 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment